We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: April 10, 2015
10 Top Whitening Secrets to Make Your Smile Brighter
Whether advancing age, bad habits, or colorful foods have stained your teeth, do-it-yourself remedies may be able to help reverse the damage. Some tooth stains are too deep and require dentist teeth whitening procedures, but if you only have mild staining, over-the-counter dental whitening kits may solve the problem. At-home kits come in various forms, such as strips, brush-on gels, and fitted trays, but most are made with carbamide peroxide, a gentle teeth bleaching whitening formula that removes surface stains to restore your smile’s healthy gleam. Besides over-the-counter formulas, a variety of home remedies may also help brighten your smile. To get whiter teeth and keep them bright longer, remember the following dental whitening secrets.
- Don’t whiten too often. Repeated whitening procedures can eventually make teeth appear translucent or even blue.
- Brush twice a day, floss every day, and brush after each meal when possible. If you avoid food and beverages that cause discoloration, your teeth whitening results will last longer.
- Removing food residue before it can stain your teeth is a foolproof whitening strategy.
- Certain healthy foods can cause stains. Be sure to rinse your mouth with water or brush immediately after eating blueberries, beets, blackberries, and any other foods that will leave stains on napkins or clothing.
- Coffee, tea, red wine, dark sodas, and brightly colored juices can easily stain teeth. You don’t have to give them up; just be sure to rinse your mouth after drinking them.
- Avoid food and drinks that discolor your teeth to ensure that your whitening results will last longer.
- If you have crowns, veneers, or fillings, dental whitening procedures won’t improve their color. Talk to your dentist in Florida about how to keep the color of your teeth consistent.
- Limit bottled lemonade and energy or sports drinks. Research shows that they can erode tooth enamel and contribute to discoloration. Rinse thoroughly after consuming these beverages, and don’t sip on them for long periods of time.
- Medications such as tetracycline and chlorhexidine are known to stain teeth. If you must take a medication that discolors your teeth, discuss the issue with your dentist.
- Don’t smoke. Tobacco is one of the top contributors to tooth discoloration. Not only can smoking destroy your health, it also causes deep stains, gum disease, and bad breath.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Florida, call today at or make an appointment. Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Florida. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .
- Cosmetic Dentist
- Teeth Implants
- Dentures in One Day Florida
- Invisalign Largo
- Dentist Orlando Florida
- Get Teeth Clean Dentist
- Dentures Orlando
- Emergency Dentist Brandon
- Cheap Dentures Jacksonville FL
- Dentist With Payment Plans Near Me
- Affordable Dental Insurance Jacksonville FL
- Emergency Dentists Jacksonville FL Jacksonville FL