5 Dental Health Protection Steps from Affordable Dentists
A healthy smile is a sign of good dental care, but it can also be an indication of your overall health. Discover what you can do to keep your smile and body healthy.
Good Oral Hygiene is Good for your Overall Health
While your dental clinic will tell you that dental care is important for teeth, you should know that it also plays a role in your overall health. Affordable dentists say research shows a direct link between gum disease and many health conditions, such as:
- Heart disease
- Pancreatic cancer
- Kidney disease
- Oral cancer
5 Steps to Saving your Smile
By practicing good dental care at home and seeing a good affordable dentist on a regular basis, you can keep your teeth healthy and prevent many dental care problems. You’ll find dentists to be your ally in your quest for dental health. And according to affordable dentists, taking care of your teeth today can save you the money, time, and trouble of later dental repair. Follow these five easy steps to keep your smile at its best:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, for two to three minutes each time. Ask your dental clinic to teach you the proper brushing techniques.
- Floss at least once a day to remove any plaque trapped in your teeth.
- Have a healthy, balanced diet to ensure you get proper nutrients to protect your teeth and body.
- Don’t smoke or use tobacco because it can lead to gum disease and oral cancer, along with other health conditions.
- Go to a dental clinic for professional check-ups and cleanings to detect early signs of tooth decay and gum disease. If you don’t have a good affordable dentist, find dentists near you by asking family, friends, or your doctor for recommendations.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Florida, call Advanced Dental Care of Florida today at (855) 979-3334 or make an appointment.
Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Florida. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Advanced Dental Care of Florida, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Advanced Dental Care of Florida.