COVID-19 Safety Message: Visit our practice with confidence – your safety is our top concern.
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
6 Brushing Tips for a Great Smile
Simple dental care habits you practice at home are the most important elements in keeping your teeth and gums healthy and enjoying a lifetime of great smiles. When you understand oral hygiene basics, you can spend less time and money on dental procedures and avoid early tooth loss. It’s easy to assume your brushing and flossing habits are correct if you’ve been doing the same things for many years, but you may be unaware of deficiencies in your brushing technique. To keep your oral health on the right track, take a moment to review the following dental care tips. Brushing Your Teeth: The Basics Brushing your teeth is the most important element of home dental care. Here are six essential recommendations from the American Dental Association.
- Brush at least twice a day.
- Slow down and take your time. Spend at least two full minutes brushing all surfaces of your teeth.
- Use a high-quality toothpaste and a toothbrush with soft bristles. Your toothbrush should fit inside your mouth comfortably and reach every tooth surface.
- Hold your toothbrush at an angle, and target the area where your teeth meet your gums. Brush with gentle, short, back-and-forth strokes.
- Rinse your brush with water after use, and store it upright to air dry.
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months or when bristles look worn.
More Dental Care Tips Dentists Recommend
- Floss daily using about 18 inches of dental floss.
- Slide the floss gently back and forth between your teeth; curve it against one tooth as it reaches the gum line.
- To improve your dental care even more, add an antimicrobial rinse to your routine, or invest in an oral irrigation tool.
An Affordable Dentist Can Save Your Smile Early detection of dental problems can prevent gum disease and tooth loss. See an affordable dentist immediately if you notice symptoms like red, tender gums, bleeding gums, loose teeth, sensitivity, or persistent bad breath. To learn about our family dentistry practice in Florida, call today at or make an appointment. Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Florida. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .
- Invisalign Clearwater
- Dentist Tampa FL
- Teeth Cleaning
- All On 4
- Cheap Dentures in Florida
- Same Day Dentures Clearwater FL
- Orthodontist Ocala FL
- Need Tooth Pulled
- Orthodontics Specialist
- Bridges For Teeth
- Affordable Dentures Ocoee Reviews
- Wisdom Teeth Removal Jacksonville FL
- Emergency Root Canal
- Sedation Dentist
- Teeth Whitening Expert