COVID-19 Safety Message: Visit our practice with confidence – your safety is our top concern.
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
7 Tips for Teaching Your Kids How to Floss Their Teeth
Flossing should be an essential component of every kid’s oral health routine. Using dental floss or flossers is the only way to remove food and plaque where toothbrushes cannot reach. Flossing between teeth should be a daily practice, and it should begin as soon as two teeth touch each other. Once kids learn how to floss teeth on their own, they will have the skills they need to keep their smiles beautiful for decades. Here are seven tips for teaching your kids about flossing.
- Start by selecting a soft, pliable dental floss that won’t hurt your child’s teeth or gums.
- Remove about 18 inches of floss from the roll. It should be approximately equal to the length between your fingertips to your elbow.
- Wrap the majority of its length around a finger on one of your child’s hands. Wind the remaining length around the same finger on the opposite hand. This finger will collect the dirty, used floss.
- Be sure the floss is held taut, but don’t wind it too tight. If fingertips turn blue or purple, release the floss immediately.
- Show your child how to glide the floss between teeth with a gentle, back-and-forth rubbing motion.
- As the floss gets closer to the gum line, show your child how to curve it into a C shape and slide it into the area just beneath the gum.
- When it’s time to move to the next space, advance the floss to obtain a clean portion. Repeat the process with each tooth.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Florida, call today at or make an appointment. Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Florida. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .
- Affordable Dentures
- Invisalign Clearwater
- Dentist Tampa FL
- Teeth Cleaning
- All On 4
- Braces For Teeth
- Same Day Dentures Clearwater FL
- Childrens Braces
- Replace Missing Teeth
- Permanent Dentures
- Sleep Apnea Mouth Guard
- Dental Filing
- Root Canal Specialist
- Smile Perfected Teeth Whitening Reviews
- Teeth Whitening Services
- Child Teeth Care