We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: August 21, 2016
8 Dental Care Tips for People with Diabetes from a Family Dentist
Research shows if you have diabetes, you have a higher risk of dental problems. Learn what you can do to protect your teeth and gums. How Diabetes can Damage your Dental Health While anyone can have dental problems, people with diabetes tend to have problems with teeth and gums more often. See, dental damage begins when a film of germs called plaque builds up on your teeth. Over time, this plaque can lead to tooth decay, swollen gums, and gum disease. High blood glucose encourages plaque to grow. Since people with diabetes often have higher blood glucose, this makes it more difficult to maintain healthy gums and teeth. If you suffer from diabetes, you need to be proactive to protect your dental health. 8 Ways an Affordable Dentist can Save your Smile
- Tell your family dentist that you have diabetes.
- Keep your blood glucose level as close to normal as you can.
- Practice good oral hygiene at home, brushing your teeth at least twice a day and flossing at least once each day.
- Visit a dental clinic for professional cleanings and check-ups twice a year. Since you have diabetes, your family dentist may want to see you more frequently.
- Ask the hygienist at your dental clinic to show you the best brushing and flossing techniques and products.
- Call an affordable dentist immediately if you notice any problems with your teeth and gums
- Take care of any dental problems you experience as soon as possible.
- Ask your primary physician and family dentist if switching your diabetes medication can help you maintain healthy gums and teeth.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Florida, call today at or make an appointment. Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Florida. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .
- Teeth Cleaning Orlando
- Same Day Dentures Clearwater FL
- All On 4 Dental Implants Cost
- Partial Dentures
- Dentist Tampa FL
- Childrens Dentist
- Local Emergency Dentist
- Teeth Implants
- Cosmetic Dental Work
- Dental Bonding Jacksonville FL
- Dentures Ocoee FL
- Cosmetic Dentistry Pembroke Pines FL
- Bridges For Teeth
- Smile Perfected Reviews
- Close Gap Teeth
- Oral Sedation Dentistry
- Emergency Dental Jax FL
- Root Canal Treatment