COVID-19 Safety Message: Visit our practice with confidence – your safety is our top concern.
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
At-Home or Professional – Which Teeth Whitening Option is Right for You?
Yellow or brown teeth can diminish your self-esteem and make you reluctant to smile or even talk. Tooth discoloration can be caused by foods and beverages, tobacco use, and even the aging process. You don’t have to hide your smile forever; there are several ways to remove unsightly stains, and lighten the shade of your teeth. If you have mild staining, affordable over-the-counter products such as whitening toothpastes or brush-on whitening gels and strips may help. For deep stains, see your dentist for professional chairside teeth bleaching procedures and custom, supervised tray-based whitening. Before you choose a whitening technique, it’s helpful to understand how they work. How Do Over-the-Counter Teeth Whitening Products Work? Whitening toothpastes remove stains through the actions of chemical agents and mild abrasives that polish surface stains away. An abrasive toothpaste can lighten your teeth by about one shade. Whitening gels and strips use teeth bleaching agents to lighten teeth gradually. Tray-based systems use a similar bleaching method and may be purchased over the counter or through your dentist. How Does In-Office Professional Teeth Whitening Work? Professional teeth bleaching procedures use stronger bleaching agents and involve several additional steps. A protective gel or dental guard is placed over your gums before the product is applied to your teeth. The effects of the bleach are enhanced by the application of heat or a special laser light. Results are immediate and dramatic; teeth can be lightened up to seven shades with some treatments. Differences Between Professional Teeth Whitening and At-Home Whitening Products
- Over-the-counter products typically contain peroxide concentrations of 10 percent; professional solutions contain concentrations of up to 43 percent.
- Dentist-supervised tray-based whitening systems include a custom tray created by impressions of your teeth; this ensures maximum contact with the bleaching agent.
- At-home treatments must be used for several weeks to achieve maximum results. Many in-office procedures can produce immediate, dramatic results in an hour or less.
- Over-the-counter products are inexpensive and readily available; professional teeth whitening services cost significantly more.
- Professional teeth whitening offers additional benefits like treatment of tooth sensitivity caused by bleaching agents and personalized results for patients with restorations or complex dental histories. With store-bought options, your results are based on guesswork.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Florida, call today at or make an appointment. Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Florida. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .
- Dentures in One Day Florida
- Invisalign Largo
- Dentist Orlando Florida
- Get Teeth Clean Dentist
- All On 4
- Family Dentist Near Me
- Same Day Dentures Clearwater FL
- Low Cost Dental Care Jacksonville FL
- Affordable Dentures Jacksonville FL
- Dentist That Accept Payments
- Ocala Orthodontist
- Emergency Dental Jax FL
- Dentures Brandon FL