We are open - safety is our top priority!
Posted on: September 27, 2015
Chew Over the Cavity Protection of Dental Sealants
Are you fed up with cavities? Get relief from your troubling tooth decay with dental sealants from a family dentistry expert. Learn how sealants can keep tooth decay away. What Are Dental Sealants Dental sealants are plastic coatings placed on the chewing surfaces of the bicuspids and molars to protect these teeth from decay. Sealants are placed on these teeth because food and bacteria gets easily trapped within their crevices. Good dental hygiene can only reach so many of these particles, but what remains can lead to cavities. Covering these areas with dental sealants provides a protective barrier against decay. That’s why so many family dentistry professionals recommend dental sealants for both children and adults. Plus, the protection of sealants costs much less than the treatment of fillings, which has made them a mainstay with any affordable dentist. Making Time for Treatment is Easy Applying dental sealants is surprisingly fast, easy, and completely comfortable. The process only requires a single visit to your family dentistry practice. It involves the following few steps:
- The teeth being sealed are cleaned and prepped.
- Sealant material is applied to the chewing surfaces of the teeth and bonds directly with the enamel of the tooth’s grooves.
- The sealant is cured, or hardened, with a special light.
- When the sealant is set, teeth are protected against decay.
Deciding on Getting Decay Protection Dental sealants are considered by family dentistry experts to be a safe and affordable option for children, teens, and even adults. While sealants can prevent cavities for many, they aren’t right for everyone, so it’s important to know their pros and cons. Think about these factors:
- Application is easy and painless.
- Sealants are strong, providing long-lasting cavity protection.
- They are available for a low cost from most any affordable dentist.
- Sealants can’t be applied to teeth with fillings or pre-existing decay.
- There are patients who have concerns about a chemical found in some sealants called bisphenol-A (BPA.) However, current evidence has led the American Dental Association (ADA) to refute any basis for health concerns from BPA exposure. The ADA is a professional association of dentists devoted to the public’s oral health and to research into dental safety. The ADA concurs with leading government agencies that the low level of BPA exposure that could result from dental sealants presents no known health risks and the association affirms that dental sealants are a safe treatment option.
Ask your dentist if sealants are the right treatment choice for you. To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Florida, call today at or make an appointment. Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Florida. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .
- Replace Missing Teeth
- Full Service Dentist
- Reconstructive Dentist
- Childrens Braces
- Emergency Dentist Florida
- Dentures Florida
- Invisalign Clearwater
- Dentures in Jacksonville
- Dentists That Offer Payment Plans Near Me
- Affordable Dental Insurance Jacksonville FL
- Emergency Dentists Jacksonville FL Jacksonville FL
- Smile Perfected Reviews
- Dental Bonding Jacksonville FL