Posted on: July 6, 2014
Choosing a Local Dentist
When you move to a new area or you are starting a new family, you need to find a local dentist. Finding local dentists near you is easy, but finding the right dentist can be more of a challenge. Perusing a list is one thing, but what can a list of names on a page really tell you? To find a dentist near you who ideally suits the needs of you and your family, you need to ask the right questions of the right people. The American Dental Association (ADA) has compiled a list to help you find local dentists. Use this guide from the experts to find a dentist who will offer expert and quality care for the oral health of you and your family. Finding Local Dentists
- If you are relocating, ask your current dentist if he or she has any recommendations or connections to put you in touch with local dentists at your new destination.
- Ask your neighbors and coworkers and for recommendations. If you have family in the area, get their recommendations.
- Your physician or pharmacy can provide recommendations for local dentists.
- The state or local dental society can be found on ADA.org or in the telephone book under “dentists” or “associations.”
- Go online and search for “find a dentist near me” or “local dentists.” Read the reviews, gather information, and inquire further about your top choices with friends, family, and coworkers.
- Visit the local dentists you are deciding among before you make a final decision. Get a feel for the ambiance, the friendliness of the staff and, if possible, the dentist. Your comfort level with the environment is a big part of how you will feel about your routine visits.
Choosing the Right Dentist You not only want to find a dentist near you, but you need to find someone who genuinely cares about the health of you and your family and someone that you don’t mind visiting at least twice per year. As partners in your oral healthcare, you need to be comfortable with your dentist. Ask these questions when considering local dentists:
- Where was your dentist educated? Where did he or she complete training? How often does the dentist attend continuing education opportunities?
- What are the dentist’s views on preventive dentistry? Wisdom teeth? Orthodontics?
- Is the dentist certified to administer anesthesia? If so, which forms? Does the dentist offer anesthesia for comfort and relaxation during complex visits or only for specific procedures?
- Is the dentist easy to get to from work, home, and your child’s school?
- Are the office hours convenient for your schedule? Does the dentist also have emergency hours available?
- What is the dentist’s policy on missed appointments?
- Is information about pricing, fees, and payment plans offered before any treatment is scheduled? If not, what are the prices of common procedures, such as basic cleaning, oral exams, full-mouth x-rays, and fillings?
- Does the dental office accept insurance? If so, which plans? What is covered under your plan?
- Does the office environment appear to be clean and organized? Do all surfaces and equipment in the treatment room appear to be clean?
- Are the dentist and staff friendly, caring, and willing to answer your questions? Do you observe them wearing gloves and other protective gear during patient treatment?
Don’t just choose any dentist, choose a dental care office that has your best interests in mind and makes you feel comfortable every time you visit. To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Florida, call today at or make an appointment. Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Florida. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .
- Teeth Cleaning
- Dental Care Florida
- Affordable Dentures
- Invisalign Largo
- Teeth Implants
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Full Service Dentist
- Local Emergency Dentist
- Braces For Teeth
- Cost of Dental Implants Ocala FL
- Jax Emergency Dental
- Wisdom Teeth Removal Ocala FL
- Cosmetic Dentistry Pembroke Pines FL
- Dentist That Take Payment Plans
- Dentures Jacksonville