We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: April 11, 2016
Dental Dos and Don’ts for Oral Surgery
If you’re wondering how to handle healing after oral surgery, be assured that oral surgeons give very precise directions for a smooth and speedy recovery. You must follow these instructions, which include the following tips. Dental Dos to Help You Heal
- Follow all pre-op and post-op instructions that oral surgeons provide.
- Start taking any medication prescribed by your dentist in Florida immediately after oral surgery. If you’re worried about their cost, ask for an affordable dental care alternative.
- Rest for at least 24 hours after oral surgery.
- Use a gauze pad to stop any bleeding.
- Use pillows to prop up your head.
- You should gently rinse your mouth with warm, salted water the day after oral surgery, while being careful not to spit out the water forcefully.
- Only eat liquid or soft foods after surgery, such as yogurt, milkshakes, smoothies, soup, and mashed potatoes.
- Reduce swelling by applying ice packs to your face for 15 minutes at a time.
- If you still feel numb six hours later or experience excessive bleeding, call your affordable dental care clinic to see if there may be a problem.
Dental Don’ts after Oral Surgery
- Do not exercise for at least 12 to 24 hours after oral surgery.
- Don’t do any heavy lifting or move your head forcefully for a few days following treatment.
- Do not rinse your mouth for 24 hours after treatment.
- Don’t brush the surgical site for the first few days after treatment, but you can gently wipe it with soft gauze to keep it clean.
- Do not have hot foods or drinks until the numbness has worn off.
- Do not drink from a straw, spit, or do any type of action that could put pressure on the surgical site.
- Don’t touch the surgical site.
- Don’t drink for at least 24 hours after treatment.
- Don’t smoke in general, but for at least a few days after oral surgery.
- Don’t ignore any post-op pain or concern. Oral surgeons need to know about any problems you experience after oral surgery in order to help you heal properly.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Florida, call today at or make an appointment. Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Florida. With 20 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .
- Dental Care Florida
- Braces For Teeth
- Cosmetic Dental Work
- Full Service Dentist
- Local Emergency Dentist
- Replace Missing Teeth
- Dentures Florida
- Dentist Near Me That Take Payment Plans
- Sedation Dentist
- Dental Exam
- Emergency Root Canal
- Professional Teeth Whitening
- Wisdom Teeth Removal Jacksonville FL
- Sleep Apnea Treatment Near Me
- Dentist in Jacksonville FL No Insurance
- Dentures Ocala FL