We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: June 7, 2015
How Braces for Adults Can Transform Your Smile
If you’re an adult with crooked teeth, unsightly gaps or bite problems, it’s not too late to find the best orthodontists in your area and get on the path to better dental health and a stunning smile. Orthodontic problems may eventually lead to serious complications when left untreated, especially as you age. Tooth loss isn’t the only threat; you may also experience chronic headaches and even digestive difficulties due to bite problems and jaw disorders. You can obtain orthodontic treatment at any age. If your general dentist does not provide it, he or she will provide a referral to see an orthodontist. What Are the Options for Orthodontic Treatments for Adults? Braces exert gentle pressure to slowly move teeth into the desired position. Options for adults include traditional stainless steel braces that attach to the front surface of teeth, ceramic braces that feature a more natural appearance, concealed lingual braces that are worn on the back of teeth and invisible aligner trays to correct minor problems. Adult orthodontic treatments may take longer than treatments for children and teens. An adult patient may wear braces for up to three years, and retainers may be necessary to maintain results. 5 Tips for Adjusting to Braces for Adults Just like braces for kids, braces for adults can cause difficulty speaking and chewing, minor discomfort, and frustration with oral hygiene tasks, but these problems diminish as you get used to your new braces. While even the best orthodontists can’t eliminate the inevitable adjustment period that all orthodontic patients must face, here are five tips to help you cope.
- Follow a strict brushing and flossing routine. Be sure to follow all of your orthodontist’s recommendations concerning product selection and cleaning techniques.
- Limit your consumption of sweet and starchy foods that contribute to tooth decay.
- Avoid popcorn, caramel, hard candies, pretzels, ice, corn on the cob, and chewing gum, which can damage your braces.
- Let your orthodontist know if you experience significant discomfort; adjustments may be needed.
- Visit your orthodontist as recommended, but don’t forget to see your general dentist for check-ups and professional cleanings also.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Florida, call today at or make an appointment. Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Florida. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .
- All On 4 Dental Implants
- Dental Offices in Florida
- Cheap Dentures in Florida
- Invisalign Clearwater
- Childrens Braces
- Teeth Braces Cost
- Walk in Dentist Jacksonville FL
- Little Tooth Doctor Pembroke Pines FL
- Tooth Bonding Jacksonville
- Wisdom Teeth Removal Ocala FL
- Emergency Rooms With Dental Care Near Me
- Best Dentures in Orlando
- Invisalign Orlando
- Low Cost Dental Care Jacksonville FL
- Dentures in Jacksonville