We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: November 23, 2014
Is In-Office Teeth Whitening Right for Your Smile?
Professional teeth whitening performed in the dentist’s office is the most popular item available on the cosmetic dentistry menu. Unlike weaker home-use systems, in-office whitening uses high concentrations of bleaching agents that yield immediate results safely. Sensitivity is often an issue when bleach is applied to teeth, but advanced professional systems minimize side effects by incorporating desensitizers to protect teeth and gums. In-office bleaching doesn’t produce permanent effects, so many dentists suggest home maintenance with a less-potent bleach. Sources of discoloration best treated by professional teeth whitening include yellowing due to age, coffee and tea stains, and tobacco use. Certain conditions, such as darkening due to tetracycline use, don’t respond well to bleaching. Some Patients Are Not Good Candidates Teeth whitening may not be a good option for patients with the following problems:
- Severe tooth or gum sensitivity
- Deep, resistant stains
- Teeth that appear transparent due to age
Teeth Whitening: The In-Office Procedure Details vary based on the products used, but the procedure generally includes the same basic steps:
- A cheek retractor is inserted to expose visible teeth.
- Gums are painted with liquid rubber or resin to protect tissues from the bleaching agent.
- Hydrogen peroxide gel is applied to visible teeth and left on for up to 30 minutes.
- The first bleach application is removed, and a second one is applied.
- Teeth are periodically checked between applications to determine progress.
- The mouth is rinsed, and shade changes are measured.
Popular Professional Teeth Bleaching Whitening Techniques and Systems
- Opalescence® Boost
- Sapphire™ Chairside Whitening
- Zoom!® Whitening
- Deep Bleaching™
Every teeth bleaching whitening system has its own advantages and disadvantages. Ask your dentist which products will accommodate your budget and schedule, and produce the best results for your teeth. To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Florida, call today at or make an appointment. Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Florida. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .
- Cheap Dentures in Florida
- Dentures Clearwater FL
- Dental Care Florida
- Family Dentist Near Me
- Replace Missing Teeth
- Teeth Braces Cost
- Reconstructive Dentist
- Emergency Dentist Florida
- Invisalign Orlando Florida
- Affordable Dentures Orlando
- Emergency Dental Dunn Ave
- Dentist That Do Payment Plans Near Me
- Dentist in Jacksonville FL No Insurance
- Root Canal Cost
- Orthodontist Ocala FL