We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Promoting Lifelong Oral Health for Your Teenager
Statistically, more than 60 percent of teens suffer from gingivitis, the early form of gum disease. Gingivitis is a preventable condition, as are cavities and other forms of tooth decay. As a parent, you can play a major role in preventing your teenager from developing oral health conditions. Basic dental care habits, such as brushing and flossing regularly and routine visits to the family dentistry practitioner, can significantly impact your teen’s oral health. Use these easy tips to keep your teenager’s smile pearly and bright well into adulthood and instill habits that will last a lifetime.
- The foundation of good oral health is a diligent brushing and flossing routine. Encourage your teen to brush at least twice a day and floss at least once per day. These dental care habits will protect their oral health at the most basic level.
- Routine dental care appointments play an integral role in your teenager’s oral health. As a parent, it is essential that you encourage your teen to make all their visits to your family dentistry professional. Never portray a visit to the dentist as punishment for poor dental care. Project a positive attitude when it comes to visiting the family dentist.
- Promote healthy snacks, such as fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidants that can help fight bacteria and reduce plaque buildup on the teeth. Teens who consume a diet high in junk food are at greater risk for impaired dental health, and poor food choices significantly impact healthy teeth. Popular teen beverages, such as energy drinks, fruit juices, and sports drinks, can erode the teeth and increase tooth decay.
- Teenagers are notoriously obsessed with their appearance, which can make encouraging good dental care habits easy to instill when you focus on what it all means to their smile. Help your teen understand that healthy teeth play a vital role in a beautiful smile.
- Teenage girls are at increased risk for gum disease. Increases in progesterone and estrogen levels during puberty cause an uptick in blood circulation to the gums of young females, which can make the gums sensitive and susceptible to irritation. This makes it even more important to encourage your daughter to practice diligent dental care.
- Routine professional teeth cleanings are critical for removing dental plaque buildup and tartar, and should be done on a regular basis. Talk to an affordable dentist about the unique dental care needs of your teen to ensure optimal oral health.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Florida, call today at or make an appointment. Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Florida. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .
- Invisalign Clearwater
- Dentist Jacksonville
- All On 4
- Teeth Cleaning
- Dentures Florida
- Same Day Dentures Clearwater FL
- Dentures Tampa
- Jax Emergency Dental
- Local Dentist With Payment Plans
- Affordable Dentures Jacksonville
- Invisalign Orlando Florida
- Affordable Dentures Orlando
- How To Find An Emergency Dentist
- Oral Surgeon Ocala FL