COVID-19 Safety Message: Visit our practice with confidence – your safety is our top concern.
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Toddler Tooth Care – From Pacifiers to Pediatric Dentists
When your toddler has developed all of his or her baby teeth, it’s a perfect time to start teaching the basics of good oral care. Your child’s primary teeth are important for maintaining proper spacing in the mouth so that permanent teeth can erupt normally. To prevent early tooth decay and premature tooth loss, pediatric dentists recommend making a dental appointment when your child is about one year old. Kids dentists can detect and manage early dental decay to help preserve baby teeth. Your child’s first dental visit may be scary, but experienced pediatric dentists know how to make it easier. Find an Affordable Family Dentistry Expert You may be tempted to take your child to your own family dentist, but it’s best to choose a pediatric dentist instead. Your dentist can help you find a kid-friendly provider in your area. Another way to find kids dentists is to ask friends, relatives, and other parents for recommendations. You may also contact the American Dental Association or the American Academy of Pediatric Dentists for assistance with affordable family dentistry options. When choosing a dentist for your child, look for a provider who allows you to remain in the exam room throughout the visit. Dental Care Tips from Pediatric Dentists
- Help your child with brushing and flossing until he or she is about eight years old.
- Use a soft-bristled, kid-size toothbrush, and replace it every three months.
- If your child cannot brush, instruct him or her to rinse with water to remove food particles and dilute sugars.
- Never let your child fall asleep with a bottle of milk or juice in his mouth. The constant exposure to sugars can erode teeth.
- Pediatric dentists recommend stopping the use of a pacifier as soon as possible because it can affect the development of your child’s teeth and jaw.
- Have toddlers brush after eating breakfast and before going to bed.
- Avoid sweet and starchy snacks; these increase the risk of tooth decay.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Florida, call today at or make an appointment. Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Florida. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .
- Braces For Teeth
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Full Service Dentist Near Me
- Cosmetic Dentist
- Teeth Implants
- Affordable Dentures
- Invisalign Largo
- Dentist Jacksonville
- Invisalign Cost
- Emergency Tooth Extraction
- Orthodontist Ocala FL
- Same Day Dentures Ocala FL
- Smile Tech Teeth Whitening Reviews
- Root Canal Expert