We are open - safety is our top priority!
Tooth Trauma – Understanding Common Dental Emergencies
If your tooth suddenly starts hurting or gets knocked out during an accident, you’ll probably join the millions of Americans who visit emergency dentistry clinics every year. In a recent U.S. survey, 22 percent of participants claimed to have suffered orofacial pain in the previous six months. Twelve percent specifically reported having a toothache in the same time period. The following conditions are responsible for the majority of painful dental emergencies. Conditions Commonly Seen in Emergency Dentistry
- Trauma to teeth can result in fractures, loosening, displacement, and avulsion. In all cases, prompt evaluation from an emergency dentistry specialist is essential. After taking x-rays, your dentist in Florida can develop a treatment plan to repair or minimize damage.
- Knocked-out teeth are completely removed from their sockets. Ideally, a knocked-out tooth should be re-implanted on the spot. If it is dirty or contaminated, rinse it gently with water first. Do not touch or scrub the tooth’s root. See your dentist immediately for further treatment.
- Cavities aren’t usually painful until aggressive decay causes inflammation of your tooth’s pulp. Emergency tooth extraction is rarely necessary, but you may need to have a root canal treatment to save your tooth.
- Severe periodontal disease may result in abscesses that cause pain, facial swelling, and pus drainage. A dentist can make an incision to drain the abscess if your pain is severe. In some cases, antibiotic treatment is necessary. If you have symptoms of an abscess, you should see a dentist within 24 hours.
- Partially erupted wisdom teeth can be a cause of swelling, pain, tenderness, and an unpleasant taste. If you experience symptoms in the area of a wisdom tooth, see your dentist for evaluation immediately. Surgical treatment may be necessary to resolve the problem if it the tooth does not fully erupt on its own.
Avoiding Dental Emergencies You can avoid many emergencies by maintaining good oral hygiene, seeing your dentist regularly, and wearing protective mouth guards or helmets during sports activities. To learn about our family dentistry practice in Florida, call today at or make an appointment. Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Florida. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .
- Cheap Dentures in Florida
- Same Day Dentures Clearwater FL
- Dental Offices in Florida
- Childrens Dentist
- Cosmetic Dentist
- Family Dentist Near Me
- Teeth Braces
- Replace Missing Teeth
- Wisdom Teeth Removal Jacksonville FL
- Teeth Whitening Expert
- Need Tooth Pulled
- Smile Perfected Reviews
- Sedation Dentist
- Sleep Apnea Treatment Near Me
- Invisalign Dentist Near Me
- Root Canal Exam