We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: January 18, 2016
What the Best Dentists Know – Dental Exams Save Smiles and Money
General dentistry experts recommend having a dental examination about every six months, or more often if you have chronic medical or dental problems. Although proper brushing and flossing do wonders for your dental health, regular exams are essential to spot developing problems before they require invasive and expensive treatment. If you smoke or have other risk factors for oral cancer, your dentist can keep a close eye on the condition of the soft tissues in your mouth so that any unusual changes are detected and treated early. What to Expect During Your Dental Checkup Your dentist may not conduct exams in precisely the same manner as others, but you can expect most of the following to occur:
- Tooth cleaning and polishing using a hand scaler or ultrasonic dental device
- Demonstration of proper hygiene techniques to improve hygiene or correct problem areas
- Thorough examination of tooth surfaces, gums, and soft tissues inside your mouth
- Periodontal probing to determine the extent of gum disease
- Dental X-rays to provide a more detailed view of your teeth and jaw bone
- Discussion of any existing problems and formulation of a treatment plan
- Referral to a specialist if necessary
Help the Best Dentists Give You the Best Care Your oral health is closely linked to your general health, so it’s important to be open and communicate important information about your oral and overall health and any concerns you may have to your general dentistry clinic. Be sure to do the following:
- Tell your dentist about any medical problems that have been diagnosed since your last visit.
- Provide an updated list of your current medications; include over-the-counter medicines and natural supplements.
- Discuss any new problems or symptoms related to your teeth or gums.
- If you have dental anxiety, tell your dentist. New anesthesia options and treatment techniques can help you cope with your fear of pain or dental instruments.
Find Dentists in Your Area To find dentists who can help keep your teeth and gums healthy for life, search for listings under family or general dentistry. The best dentists in your area are waiting for the chance to perfect your smile, so make your appointment for an exam today. To learn about our family dentistry practice in Florida, call today at or make an appointment. Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Florida. With 20 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .
- Childrens Braces
- Dentures Florida
- Teeth Cleaning
- All On 4 Dental Implants
- Dental Care Florida
- Braces For Teeth
- Invisalign Largo
- Family Dentist Near Me
- Replace Missing Teeth
- How To Find An Emergency Dentist
- Invisalign Orlando Florida
- Dentures in Jacksonville
- Emergency Dental Dunn Ave
- Dentist That Accept Payments
- Dentist in Jacksonville FL No Insurance
- Dental Filing
- Porcelain Veneers
- Permanent Dentures