We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: November 22, 2013
Your Go-To Guide on How to Floss
While flossing seems like common sense, it’s not uncommon to floss all wrong. With our fast and frantic lives, we may not take the time to floss just right or even know the proper way. But with a little knowledge and a lot of floss, you can become a flossing boss. While flossing may be easy to do, it’s also easy to do improperly. With the right tools and the proper technique, you’ll get the best results. Just add these five flossing steps to your dental care regimen at least once every day:
- Hold approximately 18 inches of floss tightly between your thumbs and index fingers.
- Slide the floss in between your teeth and glide it from the top of each tooth to the bottom.
- Curve the floss carefully around the bottom of each tooth and then gently slide it beneath the gumline.
- Remove the floss slowly and gently so you don’t hurt your gums.
- Repeat for each tooth, using an unused section of floss for each one.
Now that you know the proper way to floss, you’ll need the right kind. There are basically two types of floss: nylon and PTFE. Nylon floss is available as both waxed and unwaxed, as well as in flavored and unflavored versions. However, one issue with nylon floss is that it shreds. Although PTFE floss doesn’t tear or shred, it can be more costly. Experts in family dentistry recommend both styles, so use the kind you prefer. Everyone’s talking about the benefits of flossing now that National Flossing Day is just around the corner. It’s something that’s easy to do and a habit you know you can do properly. To learn about our family dentistry practice in Florida, call today at or make an appointment. Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Florida. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .
- Dentures Clearwater FL
- All On 4 Dental Implants Cost
- Get Teeth Clean Dentist
- Cheap Dentures in Florida
- Dentist Orlando Florida
- Replace Missing Teeth
- Local Emergency Dentist
- Affordable Dentures Jacksonville
- Invisalign Cost Orlando FL
- Emergency Dentist Brandon
- Best Dentures in Orlando
- Dentist That Do Payment Plans
- Dentist in Jacksonville FL No Insurance
- Jacksonville Emergency Dental
- Good Dentist Near Me
- Root Canal Cost