We are open - safety is our top priority!
Teeth usually become dull as we age, and lifestyle habits such as smoking can exacerbate the dullness and discoloration. Beverages such as coffee, tea, and red wine can contribute to discoloration and some medications, whether prescription or over the counter can play a part as can smoking. If you want the gleaming white smile that you see in advertisements and in the media, then a professional, in office teeth whitening procedure may be able to help you. Professional teeth whitening is very popular, it’s affordable, and it achieves quick results. If you want teeth whitening in Brandon, call our office at (813) 434-1734 and let us help you get started.
Why Is Professional, in Office Teeth Whitening Supposed to Be Better?
Professional, in office whitening is better for several reasons. One reason is that the whitening products used are professional grade and therefore are stronger and more effective in less time than a DIY kit would be. Another reason is that tooth discoloration and dullness can be caused by decay or defective tooth fillings and you most likely wouldn’t be able to determine that. Yet another reason is that some types of restorative dental materials don’t accept the whitening gel so you could end up with teeth of various shades and that’s probably less than ideal for you. If you have questions about teeth whitening, call our Brandon office at (813) 434-1734 and we’ll be happy to answer all your questions and put you on our schedule.
Isn’t Teeth Whitening at Home Effective?
DIY teeth whitening kits are certainly more effective than nothing at all, but they’re subject to the limitations of the product and the user. Your teeth could be unevenly colored after the DIY treatment or you could have an underlying cause for the discoloration, such as decay or a defective filling, and not be aware of it. The products used in DIY kits are much milder than the professional products and they’ll take longer to achieve less dramatic results. If you need teeth whitening, call our Brandon office at (813) 434-1734 to schedule your first office visit or to obtain more information and we’ll be glad to answer all your questions.
Will Teeth Whitening Cost a Lot in Brandon?
The cost of a whitening procedure will vary from one person to another because there are a lot of variables. Factors that can influence the cost of your teeth whitening procedure include the area in which you live, the length of the treatment, any additional dental work that you need, the product you select, and any insurance benefits you may have. During your initial office consultation, your teeth bleaching dentist will provide you with a detailed breakdown of your teeth bleaching cost so you’ll know exactly what to expect. We’ll be happy to answer all your questions about restoring your beautiful, gleaming smile so call our Brandon office at (813) 434-1734 and we’ll schedule an appointment for you.
Do DIY Teeth Whitening Products Compare Favorably to the Professional Treatments?
Although DIY kits will be effective to a point, they can’t replace the fast and effective treatment you’d receive from a teeth bleaching dentist. Professional whitening products are much stronger than those in a DIY kit and they work much more quickly. If you have had restoration dental work, then your crowns and fillings may not be affected by the whitening gel in a DIY kit and only your dentist can forewarn you about these and other conditions you may have. If you want beautiful teeth that are all the same shade, then a professional treatment will provide optimal results. Call us at (813) 434-1734 in Brandon if we can answer more questions or schedule a consultation.
What Steps Are Part of the Teeth Whitening Process?
Each procedure will be slightly different based on the individual patient and the product that’s selected. However, a general guideline for the teeth whitening procedure is as follows:
- First, your dentist will examine your teeth and gums in order to make sure the procedure will work for you. We’ll then clean your teeth so that you’ll receive the maximum benefit from the teeth whitening procedure.
- We’ll take photos of your teeth to have a before and after comparison. This will help us monitor your progress and determine how many gel applications you’ll need.
- We’ll put a cheek retractor in your mouth to expose your teeth and protect the inside of your cheeks from the whitening gel.
- We’ll apply a protective liquid coating to your gums, protecting them from the whitening gel.
- We’ll begin applying the coatings of the whitening gel; each coating will be removed before the next layer is applied. This whitens your teeth gradually and allows us to monitor our progress as we go.
- Depending on the product you’ve selected, we may use a special light to enhance the whitening benefit of the gel.
- After we remove the final coating of the whitening gel, we’ll check the after results against the before color and decide whether you need more in-office treatments or at-home treatments.
If you’re anxious to get a beautifully white smile, then call our Brandon dental office at (813) 434-1734 and set up an appointment. We look forward to hearing from you so call us today and get started on that beautiful new smile.