We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
The aging process, as well as lifestyle habits, can cause our teeth to get dull and discolored as we get older. Stains and discoloration can accumulate over time and cause teeth to become an unattractive, drab color. Teeth whitening in a dentist’s office can reverse the accumulated effects of a lifetime and provide you with a gleaming, white smile once again. Professional bleaching is a very popular dental procedure that’s quick, affordable, effective and easy to obtain. If you’re looking for a tooth bleaching dentist in Citrus Park, then call us at (813) 448-3957 and we can help you. We’ll be happy to answer all of your questions and schedule a consultation for you. Let’s get started on your new smile.
Why Should You Choose Professional Tooth Whitening?
If you’ve had restoration dentistry, you might want to opt for a professional whitening treatment because not all crowns and fillings will accept the whitening gel, meaning you might end up with teeth that are different shades. Also, if you have decay or fillings that have gone bad, that might be the cause of the tooth discoloration, and you’d need a professional to diagnose that. Professional treatments are more effective in a shorter amount of time and the results are more dramatic. If you have more questions or want to schedule an appointment with a teeth bleaching dentist at our Citrus Park office, then call us at (813) 448-3957 and we can help you.
Will Home Teeth Whitening Work for Me?
DIY whitening treatments are definitely better than nothing, but they come with precautions. If you’ve had restoration dentistry, then you might not be happy with the results of a DIY teeth whitening treatment. You’ll also spend more time getting the DIY treatment and the results will be significantly less dramatic than if you have a professional whitening treatment. It’s worth considering all these factors before embarking on a DIY teeth whitening treatment. If you want more information, call us in Citrus Park at (813) 448-3957 and we’ll gladly answer your questions about DIY vs. professional treatments.
What’s the Cost of Professional Tooth Whitening in Citrus Park?
The cost of a professional whitening treatment in our Citrus Park office will depend on several factors and no two patients will pay exactly the same amount. Factors that will influence the final cost include the teeth whitening product that you select, the duration of your treatment regimen, any additional dental issues you have, and any insurance benefits you have. During your initial appointment, your dentist will examine your teeth and provide you with a detailed estimate of the fees you’ll be charged. That way, you’ll know exactly what your teeth bleaching cost will be.
How Do a Dentist’s Teeth Whitening Products Compare to the Ones I Use at Home?
Professional teeth whitening products are stronger than those in the DIY kits for teeth whitening at home. The professional whitening gel works faster and provides more impressive results in less time than the DIY kits so you’ll need fewer treatments with a professional whitening treatment. If you’re short on time, certainly a DIY kit may be able to help, but there are some risks involved that won’t be present when you receive a treatment at the dentist’s office. If you want tooth whitening, call our office in Citrus Park at (813) 448-3957 and we’ll answer all your questions and get your treatment started as soon as possible.
How Does the Teeth Whitening Procedure Work?
The specific protocol for teeth whitening will depend on the product you select but generally, the teeth whitening process goes as follows:
- Your teeth bleaching dentist will examine your teeth to make sure that there are no underlying causes for your tooth discoloration. After the exam, we’ll clean your teeth to ensure that the teeth whitening process is as effective as possible.
- We’ll probably take pictures of your teeth to monitor the whitening process as your treatment progresses. We need before and after pictures in order to determine the number of teeth whitening treatments you’ll need.
- Your dentist will put a cheek retractor in your mouth so that all your teeth are visible and to prevent the whitening gel from getting on your inner cheek.
- We’ll apply a protective liquid to your gums to protect them from the whitening gel.
- We’ll apply teeth bleaching gel to your teeth in several layers, one layer at a time, and each layer will be removed before the next is applied. This allows us to monitor your whitening process.
- Depending on the tooth whitening product you select, we may use a special light as part of the procedure.
- After the final application of bleaching gel, your dentist will evaluate the change in your teeth in order to determine if you need additional in office treatments or if you need treatments at home.
If you’re tired of your dull, discolored teeth and want to achieve beautifully white teeth, then call us for teeth whitening in Citrus Park. We’d be delighted to schedule an appointment with a teeth whitening dentist in our office.