We are open - safety is our top priority!
Dull and discolored teeth are often a result of the aging process and some of our lifestyle choices. Smoking can cause nicotine stains, and popular beverages such as coffee, tea, and red wine can cause overall discoloration. Medications, both prescription and over the counter, can cause teeth to become discolored and stained. With all of these things adversely affecting the color of your teeth, you may have despaired of ever having your pearly whites back. Professional teeth bleaching is a popular procedure that can restore your beautiful, white teeth and give you a great smile. If you want your smile back, then call our Clearwater office at (727) 286-3945 and let us schedule a consultation for you.
Why Is Professional Whitening Better Than A DIY Kit?
Professional whiteners are stronger than those you get in a DIY kit, so you’ll see more dramatic results in much less time. A professional treatment is monitored by professionals so you won’t have to worry about making a mistake. Before you receive a professional treatment, you’ll receive a thorough exam to ensure that there are no potential issues to you receiving the teeth whitening treatment. If you want to have dazzling white teeth once again but are leery of an at-home teeth whitening procedure, call our Clearwater office at (727) 286-3945 and we’ll be happy to schedule a consultation for you and answer all your questions.
Do the DIY Teeth Whitening Kits Work Well?
The DIY teeth whitening kits may work for you but they won’t be as effective as a professional treatment. The gel isn’t as strong as the one you’d receive from a dental office, so you’ll spend more time and have less dramatic results. If your discoloration is caused by decay or fillings that are defective, you won’t know that or the DIY kit may not work well for you and you end up with unevenly colored teeth. If you have questions about teeth whitening at home, call our Clearwater office at (727) 286-3945 and we’ll be happy to answer them.
Is Teeth Whitening in Clearwater at the Dentist’s Office Expensive?
The cost for a teeth whitening procedure will vary by the individual and several factors will influence it. If you need additional dental procedures, if you have insurance benefits, the type of whitening product you select, and if you need follow-up treatments will all affect the final cost. During your initial visit, your dentist will thoroughly examine your teeth and then give you an estimate so that you’ll know exactly what your teeth bleaching cost will be. To make an appointment at our Clearwater office, call us at (727) 286-3945 and we’ll put you on the schedule.
Why Are My Dentist’s Teeth Whitening Products Better?
Professional whitening treatments usually provide much better results in much less time than the home treatment kits provide. The teeth whitening gel is stronger and the process is administered and monitored by professionals so you’ll achieve more even whitening with considerably less risk than you would when using a DIY kit. We’ll gladly answer your questions when you call us at (727) 286-3945 in our office in Clearwater.
What Is the Procedure for Professional Teeth Whitening?
The specific process for teeth whitening will vary somewhat according to the product used, but in general, you can expect the following steps during your appointment with a teeth bleaching dentist:
- Your dentist will examine your teeth to make sure there are no risks for the teeth whitening procedure. Your teeth will then be cleaned to ensure that the whitening gel has maximum effectiveness.
- We’ll probably take pictures of your teeth in order to gauge the progress of the treatment.
- We’ll place a cheek retractor inside your mouth, ensuring that all of your teeth will be visible and to protect your cheeks from the whitening gel.
- We’ll apply a protective coating to your gums to protect them from the whitening gel.
- We’ll apply several layers of whitening gel, one layer at a time. The preceding layer will be removed before the subsequent layer is applied. Applying the gel in layers allows us to closely monitor the whitening progress of the gel.
- Depending on the tooth whitening product you’ve selected, we may use a special light that will enhance the effectiveness of the gel.
- After we’ve removed the final layer of gel, your teeth will be evaluated for color improvement and your teeth bleaching dentist will determine if you need additional teeth whitening in our office or at your home.
If you’re ready to regain the beautifully white teeth of your youth, call our Clearwater office at (727) 286-3945 and let us schedule an office visit. Call us today to start on your teeth whitening procedure in Clearwater.