We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Teeth can become dull and discolored for several reasons. Age, lifestyle habits such as smoking, drinking popular beverages such as red wine, coffee, and tea can be contributing factors, and medications can also cause problems. Whether prescription or over the counter, some common medications can cause teeth to become discolored or stained. Whatever the reason, dental whitening has become very popular with people of all ages who want to regain beautifully white teeth and a gleaming smile. If you’re unhappy with your smile, you’ll smile less and that’s not good for you. Call our office to learn more about our professional teeth whitening in Englewood and to schedule a consultation with a teeth bleaching dentist in our office.
Why Is It Better to Have Teeth Whitening from Your Dentist?
There are several reasons why it’s best to have your teeth whitened in your dentist’s office. First, the discoloration could be due to factors such as decay or fillings that have gone bad and only your dentist can determine that. Second, if you’ve had restorative dentistry completed, your crowns and fillings will not change due to a teeth whitening product, and your dentist will be able to help you overcome this hurdle. Third, you’ll achieve superior results in less time with a professional whitening procedure than you would with a DIY kit. For these reasons and more, if you’re interested in regaining your pearly whites, call our Englewood office at (941) 548-1422 and let us help you. We can answer all of your questions and schedule a consultation with a teeth bleaching dentist in our office.
Does Teeth Whitening At Home Work Satisfactorily?
At home teeth whitening kits may work satisfactorily for some people but they’re not for everyone. There’s a possibility that you could have uneven tooth color after the procedure, there’s the possibility that you have an underlying cause for the discoloration and that can only be determined by a professional, and a DIY kit will take longer and yield less spectacular results than a professional treatment. However, if you’re unable to get to the dentist in a timely manner and have a pressing need for whiter teeth, you can try the DIY kits. If you want more information on DIY teeth whitening kits, call our Englewood office at (941) 548-1422 and we’ll be happy to answer your questions.
Is Teeth Whitening Costly in Englewood?
The cost of teeth whitening in Englewood will be influenced by several factors and each patient will have a cost unique to them. Factors that will help determine your fees include the type of product you select, the condition of your teeth and gums, any insurance benefits you have, and the number of teeth whitening treatments you need. During your initial consultation, your dentist will provide you with a detailed cost breakdown so that you’ll know exactly what your teeth bleaching cost will be. Call us at (941) 548-1422 for more information or to schedule a teeth whitening consultation at our office in Englewood.
How Do Professional and DIY Teeth Whitening Products Stack Up?
Just as there’s no comparison between prescription medications and over the counter medications, there’s really no comparison between professional whitening products and the DIY kits for at home use. The professional whitening gels are more concentrated so they provide whiter teeth in a shorter time and there are fewer follow-up treatments required. The DIY kits may whiten your teeth a few shades, but it will take longer and there are possible complications such as uneven teeth color that should be considered. If you want more information on the difference between the two, call our office at (941) 548-1422 and we’ll be happy to answer them.
How Does the Professional Tooth Whitening Process Work?
Although each product has its specific instructions for usage, the general procedure for teeth whitening follows a general format. When you come to our office in Englewood for a teeth whitening procedure, you can expect the following:
- Your dentist will examine your teeth to ensure that you’re a good candidate for the whitening procedure. We’ll then clean your teeth in order to maximize the effectiveness of the whitening gel.
- We may take photographs of your teeth so that we have a before and after comparison of your tooth color. This will also help us monitor the progress of the whitening gel.
- We’ll put a retractor in your mouth to expose your teeth and protect your inner cheek wall from the bleaching gel.
- We’ll apply a protective liquid to your gums to shield them from contact with the bleaching gel.
- We’ll apply one coating of the whitening gel, leave it on for a specified time, and then remove it. We’ll continue applying one layer and removing it until the treatment is complete. We’ll then compare your teeth to the before photograph to see if additional teeth whitening treatments are needed, either in our office or at your home.
- We’ll use an intense light to enhance the effectiveness of the whitening gel if you’ve chosen a product that needs it.
- After the final application of whitening gel, your dentist will analyze the results to determine whether you need additional treatments.
If you want to regain beautifully white teeth and a gorgeous smile, then call our office in Englewood at (941) 548-1422 and we’ll schedule your first office visit. Call us today if you have additional questions about cosmetic dental whitening or if you’re ready to get started.