Your dental health is important, and our patients’ safety is our top priority. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation and all CDC guidelines very closely.
Teeth change color as we age and lifestyle habits can exacerbate the problem. Smoking, drinking coffee, tea and red wine, and even some medications can cause teeth to become dull and discolored. Underlying decay and defective fillings can also cause discoloration that might not be discernible if you’re using a DIY kit. If you want to regain your dazzling smile, then teeth whitening by a dentist can help. Teeth whitening works best on stains that are caused by foods, beverages, and smoking so it may work well for you. Call our Jacksonville office at (904) 302-5840 with any questions and we’ll be happy to make an appointment for you with a teeth bleaching dentist in our office.
Is Professional Teeth Whitening Really Better?
Professional products are always better than those that are mass marketed. If you want to have your teeth whitened, it’s best to go to a professional dentist’s office. Professional whitening gels are stronger and provide more impressive results in less time than you would spend with a DIY kit. For more information on the difference between professional whitening and the DIY kits, call our office in Jacksonville at (904) 302-5840 and we’ll be happy to answer your questions.
Is Teeth Whitening at Home Effective?
All things being equal, teeth whitening kits for at-home use can be effective to an extent. They won’t, however, be as effective nor will they last as long as a professional whitening procedure. When you receive a teeth whitening procedure in your dentist’s office, you’ll have whiter teeth in less time and your dentist will advise you if your teeth aren’t suitable for a whitening procedure. This is important since you might have underlying decay or another issue that a teeth whitening procedure won’t fix. Professional dental whitening is affordable, quick, effective, and very popular. Call our Jacksonville office at (904) 302-5840 to schedule an office visit or if you have more questions.
Does Teeth Whitening in Jacksonville Cost a Lot?
The cost of each teeth whitening procedure will be unique to the individual. Factors that will influence the ultimate cost include the number of treatments needed, the type of whitening product chosen, additional dental issues, and any insurance coverage you might have. During your initial consultation in our Jacksonville office, your teeth bleaching dentist will provide you with a breakdown of all the charges you’ll incur so that you’ll know exactly what to expect for your teeth bleaching cost. Call our Jacksonville office at (904) 302-5840 to learn more.
Are My Dentist’s Teeth Whitening Products Really Better Than the DIY Kits?
Just as prescription medicines are more effective than over-the-counter medicines, professional whitening products are superior to the DIY kits available. Professional products will yield superior results in less time and their application is monitored by professionals, meaning there’s less risk of injury. You’ll also receive more even results when you have a professional whitening treatment and you’ll be advised if there are any contraindications before you start the treatment. Call our office in Jacksonville at (904) 302-5840 if you have more questions or want to schedule an office visit.
What Should I Expect During the Teeth Whitening Procedure?
Although each teeth whitening product has instructions that are unique to the product, the general steps are as follows:
- Your dentist will first examine your teeth to ensure that the whitening procedure is feasible. Then, we’ll clean your teeth so that you’ll receive the maximum benefit from the whitening gel.
- We’ll probably take photos of your teeth for before and after comparisons. This helps us monitor the progress of your treatment.
- We’ll place a cheek retractor inside your mouth. This will expose all your teeth and it will protect your inner cheek from contact with the bleaching gel.
- We’ll apply a liquid to your gums that will protect them from contact with the bleaching gel.
- We’ll apply a layer of teeth whitening gel to your teeth, leave it on for a specified time, and then remove it. We’ll repeat this procedure several times and monitor your progress between applications.
- Depending on the type of bleaching gel you’ve selected, we may use a special light to intensify the effectiveness of the gel.
- After we’ve applied and removed the final layer of teeth whitening gel, your dentist will evaluate your teeth and determine the number of additional treatments you’ll need, if any. Additional treatments may be in our office or they may be at your home.
If you’re tired of your dull and discolored teeth and want to change to pearly whites, then give us a call at (904) 302-5840 in Jacksonville and we’ll answer all your questions. Your road to beautifully white teeth is just a phone call away; call us today.