We are open - safety is our top priority!
Dull, discolored teeth seem to be just another byproduct of the aging process but they can be restored to brilliance. With the help of a teeth bleaching dentist, you can have a radiant smile once again and a set of beautiful, white teeth. Teeth whitening is a very popular procedure and it’s easy, fast, affordable, and very effective. If you’re interested in regaining your vibrant smile, then call our Lakewood Ranch office at (941) 462-3706 and let us schedule a consultation for you.
Why Should You Choose Professional Teeth Whitening?
Professional whitening gels are much stronger than the whitening gels in the DIY kits for teeth whitening at home. You’ll get more impressive results in considerably less time with a professional whitening in a dentist’s office than you would with a DIY kit. Additionally, there are some limitations to teeth whitening that can only be diagnosed by a dentist. Underlying causes such as decay and fillings can cause your teeth to appear discolored when, in fact, they may not be. At home DIY kits may yield unevenly colored teeth and there’s a risk of accidentally getting the whitening gel on your cheeks, gums or tongue. In-office teeth whitening is done by professionals, so there’s no risk of damage. If you want a professional whitening treatment, call our Lakewood Ranch office at (941) 462-3706 and we’ll answer all your questions and put you on our schedule.
Do You Offer Teeth Whitening Kits for Use At Home?
Yes, in fact, we do offer Opalescence Go Take Home Teeth Whitening! In our dental office in Lakewood Ranch, we can assemble a DIY kit for you that uses our professional-grade teeth whitening trays and gel that will enable you to lighten your teeth by up to six shades when the trays are worn an hour a day for two weeks. If you’re interested in this great option for teeth whitening, call our office in Lakewood Ranch at (941) 462-3706 and we can get started on your at home teeth whitening kit.
How Much Does Tooth Whitening Cost?
The cost of a professional whitening in our office will vary depending on the individual. Several factors will influence your ultimate cost including the number of treatments you’ll need, the teeth whitening product you select, and any insurance benefits you may have. During your initial office visit, your teeth bleaching dentist will provide you with a detailed cost estimate so that you’ll know exactly what your teeth bleaching cost will be. Call our Lakewood Ranch office at (941) 462-3706 for more information and we’ll be happy to answer all your questions and add you to our schedule for a consultation.
Are Professional and DIY Teeth Whitening Products the Same?
There’s as much difference between professional whitening products and the DIY kits as there is between prescription medicines and those available over the counter. The professional whitening gels are much stronger, so you’ll get better results in less time than you would at home. There’s also less likelihood of injury when teeth whitening is done in a dentist’s office and your tooth color will be even, which sometimes isn’t the case with DIY kits. If you’d like to schedule an appointment for a consultation, call our office in Lakewood Ranch at (941) 462-3706 and we’ll be happy to help you.
What Does the Tooth Whitening Procedure Entail?
Each professional whitening product has procedures that are specific to it. However, there are general guidelines that each teeth whitening treatment will follow and they are:
- Your dentist will examine your teeth to be sure that whitening will work for you. Next, we’ll clean your teeth so that the whitening gel will be the most effective.
- We’ll probably take pictures of your teeth for before and after documentation as a comparison. This enables us to more effectively monitor your whitening progress.
- We’ll put a cheek retractor in your mouth for maximum exposure of your teeth and to protect your gums from the bleaching gel.
- We’ll put a liquid coating on your gums that will protect them from exposure to the whitening gel.
- We’ll apply the first coat of your whitening gel and leave it on for a specified time, then we’ll remove it and apply a second coat of gel. We’ll continue this until we have completed the gel applications specified by your product.
- Depending on the whitening gel you select, we may use an intense light during the whitening process. This will improve the effectiveness of the gel.
- After the last application of gel has been applied and removed, your dentist will evaluate the whiteness of your teeth and determine if you’ll need additional treatments in our office or at home.
If you’re unhappy with your dull and discolored teeth and want teeth whitening in Lakewood Ranch, call our office at (941) 462-3706 and we’ll schedule your first appointment. Don’t wait to get the gorgeous white teeth that you want, call us today.