Your dental health is important, and our patients’ safety is our top priority. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation and all CDC guidelines very closely.
Dull and discolored teeth can make you look older than you are. If you’re unhappy with your smile, you may not smile much so your self-confidence may suffer. Science has proven that smiling is good for you, so if you want to regain a beautiful, white smile, then call our Mount Dora office at (352) 729-3668 for a teeth whitening appointment. We can answer all your questions about the teeth whitening process and schedule an appointment for you. Teeth whitening can help you regain your smile and your self-confidence; call us today to learn more.
Is Professional Tooth Whitening Really Better Than DIY?
Professional tooth whitening is significantly more effective and takes less time than the DIY treatments you do at home. The professional products are stronger, meaning you’ll have whiter teeth sooner than you will if you try to whiten your teeth at home. If you have more questions about the teeth whitening procedure in Mount Dora, call us at (352) 729-3668 and we’ll be happy to answer them.
Is Teeth Whitening At Home Effective?
Teeth whitening in the comfort of your home may be convenient and it may provide some color change to your teeth, but it won’t be as effective as a professional whitening treatment. If you’ve had restoration dentistry, then your crowns and fillings may not react to the teeth whitening gel in the same manner as the professional product and you may end up with uneven tooth color. The best results will be obtained from a teeth whitening treatment that’s administered in a dentist’s office. Call our office if we can answer more questions for you about teeth whitening in Mount Dora.
Is A Teeth Whitening Treatment in the Dentist’s Office Worth the Additional Cost?
Although the initial cost may be more for the teeth whitening treatment in a dentist’s office, it may ultimately be more cost effective than a DIY treatment. Professional treatments are stronger than DIY products, meaning you’ll get more dramatic results in a shorter time than with DIY products. This means that you’d need multiple DIY kits to achieve similar results and the process will take considerably longer. Considering all the aspects, the professional teeth bleaching cost may be less expensive for you than trying to DIY. Call our Mount Dora office at (352) 729-3668 if you have more questions or want to schedule an appointment.
How Do Professional vs. DIY Teeth Whitening Products Stack Up Against Each Other?
If you use an over the counter DIY whitening product, you may ultimately spend more time and money using the DIY kit than you would by getting a professional tooth whitening treatment. We offer DIY kits that use the professional products we use in our office, but you need to come in for an office visit so that we can customize your kit. If you want an at home kit from our Mount Dora office, call us at (352) 729-3668 and let us make an appointment for you.
What Should I Expect During a Professional Teeth Whitening Procedure?
Each professional product will have a procedure that’s unique to it but in general, the teeth whitening procedure in our Mount Dora office will go as follows:
- Your teeth bleaching dentist will first examine your teeth to ensure that you’re a good candidate for our teeth whitening procedure. Then, we’ll clean your teeth so that the bleaching gel is most effective.
- We’ll probably take photos so that we have before and after documentation. This enables us to provide the best whitening treatment possible.
- You’ll have a cheek retractor placed in your mouth, exposing all of your teeth.
- We’ll apply a liquid to your gums that will protect them from the bleaching gel.
- We’ll apply a layer of the bleaching gel to the exposed surfaces of your teeth and leave it on for the time specified by the product. That layer will be removed and then we’ll apply another layer. We’ll continue this process until all the layers have been applied and removed according to the product specifications.
- We may use a special light that will enhance the effectiveness of the bleaching gel.
- When all the gel layers have been applied and removed, we’ll evaluate the change in tooth color. Your teeth bleaching dentist may recommend additional in office treatments or at home treatments if additional whitening is necessary.
If you want to regain your beautiful white smile and your self-confidence, call our Mount Dora office at (352) 729-3668 and we’ll be happy to answer all your questions. We can schedule an appointment for you and get you started on the way to a gorgeous new smile.