We are open - safety is our top priority!
A teeth bleaching dentist can help you reverse the ravages of time that your teeth have endured. Smoking, taking antihistamines, antibiotics and other prescription medications, and drinking red wine, coffee and tea can cause your formerly white teeth to become dull and unattractive.
Professional in-office teeth whitening can return your teeth to dazzlingly white and give you that beautiful smile that you want. Many DIY kits are available over the counter but none can compare to the results of a professional whitening procedure in a dentist’s office. If you’re looking for a teeth bleaching dentist in Orlando, then call our office at (321) 594-2624 and let us schedule a consultation for you.
Why Is Professional Teeth Whitening a Better Choice?
Although DIY kits can lighten your teeth by a few shades, they aren’t as strong as the professional products and if not used properly, they can irritate your gums. There are also issues that can cause unsatisfactory results from a DIY kit.
If you have veneers, fillings, and crowns, you might have uneven results from your DIY products. Your dentist will examine your teeth to determine if professional whitening is good for you. Discoloration can also be caused by decay or defective fillings so a teeth whitening procedure might not be effective. If you need teeth whitening, call our Orlando office and we’ll be happy to answer all your questions and put you on our schedule.
My DIY Teeth Whitening Kit Works Well – Doesn’t It?
Your DIY teeth whitening kit may work well for you or it may not. If there are other issues such as decay or filling issues, then you’ll need a professional evaluation and treatment. Professional treatments are much stronger so the treatment regimen may be shorter in duration with more dramatic results than your DIY teeth whitening treatment. If you have questions about a DIY kit or an appointment, call us at (321) 594-2624 and we’ll help you.
Is It Expensive to Get Professional Grade Tooth Whitening?
The cost of a professional whitening procedure in Orlando will be different for each patient because there are several variables to consider. Any additional work that might need to be done, your overall oral health, the condition of your teeth, and any insurance coverage you have will affect the cost. The type of product you select will also factor into the final cost. During your initial appointment at our Orlando office, your dentist will examine your teeth and provide you with a detailed cost estimate for your treatment so you’ll know exactly what your teeth bleaching cost will be. Call us at (321) 594-2624 if you have more questions or want to schedule a consultation.
Do Professional Grade Teeth Whitening Products Compare Favorably to DIY Kits?
Professional whitening products are much stronger than DIY kits and will therefore yield more impressive results in a shorter amount of time than a DIY kit. Some professional treatments use a special light to enhance the effectiveness of the whitening gel. Call us at (321) 594-2624 if you have more questions about your DIY kit or want to schedule an office visit.
What Happens During the Teeth Whitening Procedure?
The exact procedure for your teeth whitening will depend on the product and system you select, so your experience may vary somewhat. However, the general steps for an in-office teeth whitening procedure are as follows:
- During your initial appointment, your dentist will examine your teeth to ensure that we use the best product for your particular situation. We’ll then clean your teeth to make sure that your teeth bleaching gel works evenly.
- We’ll probably take photos of your teeth so that we know what shade they are and can track the progress that’s made during the treatment.
- We’ll place a cheek retractor in your mouth. This exposes your teeth so that we can apply the teeth whitening gel evenly and thoroughly.
- We’ll apply a protective liquid coating to your gums so that they’re protected from the bleaching gel.
- We’ll apply your first coat of bleaching gel and each will be left on for a set period and then removed. We’ll apply several successive applications of the bleaching gel and each will be removed before the next one is applied.
- Depending on the type of system you’ve selected, we may use a special light to enhance the effectiveness of the gel.
- After we’ve applied and removed the final coat of bleaching gel, we’ll evaluate the color change and determine if you need additional office visits or if you can continue your teeth whitening at home.
If you’re tired of your dull and discolored teeth, then call our Orlando office at (321) 594-2624 to learn more about cosmetic teeth whitening in Orlando. You can safely have the beautiful white teeth that you want at a price you can afford, so call us today.