We are open - safety is our top priority!
In the heart of Florida is one of the state’s most popular and beautiful cities: Orlando. It’s a perfect place to explore human-made attractions and a fusion of cultures, but it’s also a great city for enjoying Mother Nature’s creations. It’s no wonder that nearly 300,000 people call “the City Beautiful” home and so many more come to visit each year. And when any of them need help with an oral health issue, they know they can count on Advanced Dental Care of Orlando. Orlando, FL, patients trust our office in Maitland to provide high-quality care, and we’re proud to be a part of such a vibrant community.
History of Orlando, FL
The area was first settled by the Seminoles. In 1838, during the Seminole Wars, Ford Gatlin was built just south of what is now Orlando to protect nearby settlers. Within a few years, a community began to grow around the fort; in 1875, after the Civil War, this community would become the incorporated town of Orlando, and it would become a city in 1885.
The city’s early fortunes were dependent on the citrus industry, with orange groves thriving until the Great Freeze in 1894-95. But the 20th century would see a housing and development boom, which grew exponentially after the construction of Walt Disney World, opened in 1971.
Location and Weather
In central Florida, Orlando stands out as the crown jewel of Orange County. As you travel north, the tropical beauty slowly turns into the pleasant scenic views of hills, plains, and a preview of the red clay of Georgia. To the south lie the spectacular Everglade swamps, Miami, and the Florida keys. To the east and west are the Atlantic coast and the Gulf of Mexico. And right in the middle of it all is Orlando.
The climate in central Florida is vacation-friendly almost all year, though June through August can be brutal, with temperatures climbing above 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Frequent powerful storms also can ruin any outdoor activity. The best time of year weather-wise is probably between October and December, when the air temperatures are more moderate and the water temperatures are still comfortably warm. If you’re not interested in water activities, even the winter months are enjoyable, since there are no extremes of cold in Orlando: Even in January, the mercury doesn’t usually fall lower than 50 degrees.
Things to Do in Orlando
There’s so much to see and do in and around Orlando that there’s just no excuse to be bored here! Here are some of the highlights:
- Walt Disney World: “The happiest place on Earth” has multiple theme parks rolled into one, so whether you’re a fan of Princess Aurora or Princess Leia, The Lion King or real-life lions, you’re sure to have a good time.
- SeaWorld: Get up close and personal with ocean-dwellers through rides and shows and even touch a stingray! It’s a whale of a time for kids and adults.
- Gatorland: You’ll have a thrilling adventure at Gatorland, where you can see alligators of all kinds and sizes, mingle with exotic birds, face your fears by getting up close with snakes and lizards, and watch panthers at play.
- ICON Park: You’ll find a 400-foot-high wheel ride, an aquarium, an arcade, a Madame Tussauds wax museum, a natural history museum focused on skeletons, and much more here. There’s something fun for everyone in the family!
Where to Eat in Orlando
In addition to virtually any popular restaurant chain you know and enjoy, Orlando has plenty of unique and memorable dining experiences in store.
- A family-owned and operated fine-dining spot, Christner’s Prime Steak & Lobster is known for top-notch steak and seafood and a vast selection of wines.
- Hungry Pants proves that healthy food doesn’t have to be boring. Their flavor-packed menu does include some meat dishes, but the focus is on plant-based cuisine.
- Enjoy the best in Chinese cuisine combined with friendly service at Kim Wu.
- If you’re looking for something different, try barbecue with a Latin American twist at Pig Floyd’s Urban Barbakoa, Asian empanadas or Indian burritos (really!) at Tako Cheena, or Lao street food at Sticky Rice.
Where to Stay
After a long day of fun, relax at one of the area’s many hotel and resort options. You’ll find the usual national chains here, but you can also book your stay at a locally owned spot that’s sure to provide a comfortable stay.
- The Rosen Inn: Centrally located, this hotel offers reasonably priced luxury and comfort. In-room amenities include free Wi-Fi and a microwave, refrigerator, and flat-screen TV. Pets are allowed.
- The Grove Resort Orlando: Slow down and relax in the hot tub or have a drink at the poolside bar, then return to your suite to have dinner in your fully equipped kitchen. Or bring the kids to the Surfari Water Park for some wet and wild fun!
- Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel: This hotel is conveniently located near Universal Studios Florida and budget-friendly, too.
Where to Find Dental Services in Orlando, Florida
Whether you’re moving here or just visiting, you may find yourself in need of Orlando dental care, and when you do, you can count on us. We’re a top dentist in the Orlando area, located just north of the city in Maitland, and we’re always accepting new patients, so you can book an appointment with us anytime. Our skilled staff provides a level of care that you might not expect from an affordable dentist: Orlando, FL, patients can get routine checkups and fillings as well as advanced services like dental implants and veneers. And our dental office in Orlando, conveniently located at RDV Sportsplex, accepts dozens of insurance plans to help you manage the cost of your care. Flexible financing and DentRite discount plans are also available, another part of our commitment to being an affordable dentist in Orlando, FL.
Make an appointment with Dr. Jose Navarro and his expert staff today and you’ll soon see that at Advanced Dental Care of Orlando, Orlando, FL’s smiles are in good hands!