We are open - safety is our top priority!
Implant dentures are the product of a relatively new procedure that offers significant benefits for our patients. At our dental practice, we can determine whether implant-supported dentures are an appropriate choice for you and can provide you with expert guidance and support throughout the treatment process. This can help you feel more confident in choosing these advanced treatment options for your dental needs.
What Are Implant-Supported Dentures?
Implant-supported dentures offer many of the same benefits of traditional dentures. They consist of a plate made of acrylic or other materials, and artificial teeth made of porcelain, acrylic or another substance attached to the plate. Traditional dentures are held in place by wire frameworks or by dental adhesives. An implant denture, by contrast, is attached directly to implants that have been placed in the jaw and allowed to fuse with the bone structure. This provides significantly more stability and security by creating a permanent attachment between the false teeth and the jaw.
What’s the Process for Getting Implant-Supported Dentures??
Your implant-supported dentures are designed to provide permanent replacements for your natural teeth. The process generally consists of a few separate appointments and stages:
- During the preparatory stage, we will examine your teeth and your mouth to determine whether you are a good candidate for implant-supported dentures.
- Then, we will check to see if you have sufficient bone density in your jaw. After that, we will arrange for the extraction of any broken, damaged or decaying teeth. This can streamline the fabrication of your denture and will ensure you have time to heal before getting implants placed.
- Your implants will typically take between three and six months to heal in place and to become stable attachment points for your new dentures. During this time, your denture will be fabricated and prepared for application.
- Once the healing process has concluded, your denture or dentures will be permanently attached to the implants. Depending on the type of implant chosen, you may have a bar-retained or ball-retained connection between your implants and your dentures.
Our team will provide you with all the necessary information and support needed to help you throughout this process. We are committed to helping you achieve the best dental outcomes from your procedures.
What Is the Average Implant-Supported Dentures Cost?
If you are concerned about the cost of denture implants for yourself or a family member, you should know that our dental team provides affordable, quality implant-supported dentures designed specifically to suit your particular needs and your budget.
- We work with most dental plans and insurance companies to reduce the amount you will pay for your care.
- Our team works diligently to provide you with affordable choices for your needs.
- We can even offer payment options designed to help you spread out the cost of your treatment and to help you feel more confident about the financial aspects of your care.
If you have further questions about our denture options, please feel free to give our office a call or to schedule a consultation with us. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you and your family to create the right treatment plan for your needs.
Are There Benefits to Implant-Supported Dentures?
As a leading provider of affordable, quality implant-supported dentures, our office can provide you with clear and accurate information on the advantages of this advanced procedure. Some of the most commonly reported benefits include added confidence in a wide range of situations, improved ability to bite and chew, reduced worry about dentures slipping or falling out of place and improved comfort. Many of our patients report that these advanced dentures work and feel just like their natural teeth, which can provide an added sense of comfort and can ensure the greatest convenience when caring for your teeth after your procedure.
How Do You Care for Implant-Supported Dentures?
Implant dentures typically require regular brushing and flossing, the same treatment used to care for natural teeth. During the immediate aftermath of your implant procedure, your dentist may recommend the use of prescription or over-the-counter mouthwashes or careful brushing around the site of the implant. Once these dental appliances have healed in place, you can usually care for your teeth and gums in the normal way. After your dentures have been applied, we will provide you with instructions on cleaning, brushing and caring for your new replacement teeth.
Why Choose Implant-Supported Dentures Over Other Options?
Most patients who want implant-supported dentures in South Ocala are looking for a permanent way to manage missing teeth without the risk of embarrassment that traditional dentures can sometimes pose. Our dental team will work with you to provide a clear picture of the advantages of this advanced dental treatment and to ensure that you receive the best solutions for your current and ongoing dental needs.